Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Heart Gravy

I cleaned out the fridge yesterday of all the left over Thanksgiving food. Well, after I finished off my sworn enemy - stuffing. I tossed the turkey, the cranberries, the potatoes, the bread, the sweet potatoes, the beans, but I'm clinging to the gravy. I took it out of the fridge, put it on the counter, and there is stayed. I just can't bring myself to get rid of it. Its the most yummy, luscious, flavorful gravy in the universe. What if I need it? What if I suddenly need gravy on my spaghetti tonight? Or on my egg in the morning? Or on my salad at lunch? It could happen. I think I'll just pour it in a glass and drink it.

NLJ

3 comments:

Disgruntled Princess said...

It's ok...gravy can be it's own food group...just like in Elf where the four food groups are candy, candy canes, candy corn and syrup.

gina said...

make that a salt-rimmed martini glass with a wishbone hanging over the edge. now we're talkin'.

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Ok, first, Gina has the best idea of the season. Second, I think you need a gravy intervention.