Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Good Food and Great Parking

The Husband and I went out on the town on Saturday night, and actually let The Boy stay at my brothers...over night. I know. I had high hopes. We were invited to a wedding, and thought we'd make a night of it, baby free. The wedding was beautiful, we somehow got a parking spot in the front row, which was great because my feet were already throbbing. (We aren't really into high heels at Paperwork Design.) Before the reception we snuck over to a local bar and had a beer and a Cabernet and a plate of some of the best chicken wings known. All was going great. We even got a front row parking spot again, which is a rare deal in that part of town. Then off to the reception, which again was beautiful, a killer meal, and again we got a front row spot. We're really thinking we're pretty cool at this point.

I probably should've started this story with a little background. The night before our big night out, we headed to a friend's house for dinner and a little drink. Well, a little drink turned into too much, and so we stayed the night. Very classy I know, but very smart indeed. The next day I rallied and was ready to rock that night. The Husband thought he was ready to roll, but things changed. The headache he thought he evaded came back with a vengeance at about 8:30. We left the reception, me not knowing why, and wondering where the night will take us....maybe the fancy, upscale bar by our house, maybe the sushi bar that we love, but never go anymore because The Boy hates it......heck, I'll take TGIFriday's at this point.

"We're going home," said The Husband. Sigh. He tells me about the headache, and I understand and feel bad for him. I'm a little sad, but we can have a beer or two at home and recap the night's events. Nope. As soon as we walk in the door, he heads upstairs, has his shirt off, and is brushing his teeth by the time I catch up. "Hey, Honey, are you just changing your clothes? Are you coming back down? Or are you going to bed....what..oh...no?" Oh. He just stares at me. So, we're in bed before 10. With no baby.

We spent the morning laying in bed yelling trigger words that we can't say when The Boy is around. You're probably thinking cuss words or the like. But it was more - SHOWER! OUTSIDE! SHOES ON! WATER! CADILLAC! DADDY'S TRUCK! If The Boy hears any of those words, he must have them immediately. It was so freeing. Then we headed out for breakfast at one of our favorite, crowded restaurants that always has a long wait. We got a front row parking spot and they seated us immediately. Great way to end a mellow, but still very fun couple days.

NLJ

PS - Who can tell I'm a little checked out of work?

2 comments:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

So you left out the good stuff... in bed by 10 but then what, huh, huh? Inquiring (and sick) minds want to know!

kk said...

I was wondering what happened to you guys.