Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Home Improvement?

One more story to tell you for this week. Remember how I said I'm going to be doing some "sprucing up" around the house this week in preparation for my birthday? Boy have I opened a can of beans. More like a can of spackle. Who knew just switching out the towel bar and toilet paper holder in a bathroom could be so difficult? The screws were stripped on the originals, so I had to pull them out of the wall, along with a huge chunk of drywall. I've been spackling and sanding for two days now, and still haven't even started to hang the new hardware.

The other project that is really getting my goat is a little art project (sort of) for my bedroom. Have you ever heard of Uppercase Living? Its one of those companies that has parties at people's houses and you go and buy stuff. Typically one of my worst nightmares, but I actually liked a few of the things they had. Luckily I was saved by a snow storm so I didn't have to go to the party, I just ordered. I bought three flower pictures, and they are transfers or decals and you stick them to the wall essentially by rubbing a credit card over them. Someone had the idea to put them on canvases so you can take them with you when you move. Great idea! So I went to the store to get 18" canvases, they only have two and I need three. So the next day I go to the Coon Rapids store and they have one. I buy it and head back to The Grove to get the other two. When I grab them I notice they're two different brands. No biggie. I go home and start rubbing that credit card like a crazy person, and it all goes well until I hit the off brand canvas. It won't stick. Gah. So head to Minnetonka. No canvases. The next day to Edina. No canvases. They get a truck load every Thursday but they don't know what's on it. So I'll check again on Friday, if there are no canvases.....pray for the gals at Joann Fabrics and don't make me check the Woodbury store.

NLJ

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Oh for cryin' out loud those crafting hags don't know anything about canvas'. Shoulda tried that great art supply store downtown by Joe's Garage! They have TONS of stuff and canvas as far as the eye can see!