Monday, April 14, 2008

There Are Other Crazies Out There

This weekend I met a gal (am I from South Dakota or what?) who is also going through a mid-30's life crisis. Well, its not a crisis, but there's just that great need for change. Whatever you want to call it. Anyway, she is packing up and moving her entire life to Atlanta, GA. She's a small town girl from North Dakota, she's also a designer, but she does commercial design. (If you want to make any kind of money in this field, I recommend commercial design, but to me, it just doesn't seem as fun as residential.) She's a pretty, single, thirty-something, and is sick of her job, the weather (who isn't), and sounds like the selection of eligible bachelors around here is a bit lacking. It was nice to talk to her, and get her feed back that what I'm doing is the right thing, and I am in full support and completely understand what she's doing. Sometimes its just nice to hear other people are going through similar situations, and I'm not a complete nut job.

My big house job has slowed, I handed in the official estimate on Friday. We're waiting to hear back and hopefully get a check this week. We still have wallpaper and rugs, but I think the bulk of my hours are about through for this big doggy. I'm looking forward to sending out a few letters to try to drum up some work, but let's be honest...my birthday is Saturday (like you didn't know) and I'm going to be sprucing up around the house a bit, maybe getting some new shoes, probably throw in a mani and a pedi, and just down right preparing for my favorite day of the year.

NLJ

2 comments:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Dang right, I want a mani and pedi to prepare for the party too!

gina said...

i can't believe you said favorite "day" of the year...last time i checked this was a month-long celebration.

xoxo.