Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Fun's Over

Summer is unofficially over. If anyone even checks this blog anymore, I'd be shocked. I took the summer off. I worked...a little. There were trips to plan, sun to be enjoyed, and lunches with pals to be taken. Its time to buckle down again, as the weather has already turned a bit cooler. Long pants and socks are back in the wardrobe, and the air conditioner has been shut off. I know everyone loves the fall, the colors, and weather....but it depresses me. It may, in fact, be my least favorite season. The dread of winter that it brings, is usually worse than the winter itself.

So I started hitting it hard again this week. I did a job for a new designer. Turned it around in 2 days, and she's happy, and already has another project lined up. With another designer we're starting a country club. I sent the project out for bid this week to a few contractors. And the designer in Dallas shoots me emails here and there, but nothing too much. We'll see what happens after the country club is done, I might try to throw one more designer in the mix. Heaven forbid.

NLJ

2 comments:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

I'm still here. Wonderin' where the HELL you've been!

gina said...

hey welcome back! i was about to yell at you about starting a blog you couldn't keep up on...

please don't talk badly about fall. it's my favorite and i don't get to experience it anymore. annie said the other day "i don't see any fall leaves" and i was so sad that there would be no leaf pile for her to jump in to. waaaaah.