Thursday, October 16, 2008

Can YOU Help ME?

Advice please! I've been trying to step my wardrobe up a bit, just a bit. I'm trying to find casual clothes that aren't too casual, yet aren't too "worky" because I don't like work clothes anymore. Anyway, during the summer I was able to get away with a navy pair and white pair of Keds, along with a few sandals here and there. So now its getting to be winter and I want some new shoes...bad. I thought I'd head on over to the shoe store but I realized I haven't a clue what I want or even what all you fashionistas are wearing these days. Can you help me with a few ideas? Somethings that are cute with jeans, and not too high in the heal. I've decided to forgo the heals anymore. The old dogs just can't handle much anymore. Thank you in advance.

NLJ

4 comments:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Ok. I just typed a HUGE thing and it didn't save! I'll do fashion friday on it tomorrow-but here is a short update for fall:

Get a great ballerina flat. Buy it in a black patent leater-maybe a silver buckle?!? Totally cute with a T or with a blouse. Classic and classy.

Get a wedge heel dress shoe maybe even do it in a silver for a still casual but could be dressed up look. Also these add some height and are comfy.

Get a boot. Good be an ankle boot with a wedge heel or could be a mid calf boot. If your new denim is boot cut a loose around the calf boot is totally cute with jeans tucked into it (this is my personal mission right now). With boots all the rage is a charcoal grey (not seude unless you want to maintain them).

Anonymous said...

Boots - big deal these days.

gina said...

get your butt a pair of flats right now. and then get yourself to www.thefryecompany.com and buy some asswhoopin' boots. they can also double as cute. not that i would know since i only wear flip flops and sweats every day of my life. where's that edge i lost again?

Fab Over 40 said...

Boots are hot this year, and the best thing - flat boots are hot. Also, I love my funky Puma shoes. Dressier than the old tennies or work out tennies and super comfy and stylish!