Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rooster Tail

I've never noticed it before, in all my 36 years, but I have a major, weird, and newly obnoxious cowlick on the back of my head. I got my hair cut two weeks ago, and I was telling my stylist how I would like her to cut my hair to give me a bit more body at the crown. It always goes flat right there, and I figured it had something to do with the 600 lbs of hair I have. But she informed me I have an "oddly" low cowlick on the back of my head. Apparently from what she told me, (BTW - thanks for something else to be self conscious about) most people's "swirl" is at the crown, and mine is on the back of my head. But, she said, she could make short layers so there would be a bit more body back there and not suck to my head. So now, like never before, my hair sticks up like a goofy, seven years old boy's hair right when he wakes up and goes to school without showering and his backpack is half hanging off with his shoes untied.

NLJ

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you blogging on your own blog again my dear - even if it is about your hair. At least you're not 44 yet like Michael! (It's his birthday today, don't tell him I told you.)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I noticed that.....

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

I didn't want to point it out, but Katie is right, now that you mention it... Kidding! No complaining when you have all that great hair!!!

gina said...

i have it too. i have weird cowlicks in the back of my head too, combined with uber-thick-wavy-but-not-really hair that HATES ALL STYLES. that's why i have a mop on my head right now. i give up. I hear ya talkin'. i feel your pain.

Disgruntled Princess said...

I have one of those too. Not the cowlick, the young boy who wakes up and goes to school with out showering, shoes untied, back pack half open...your cowlick is almost as cute as his! xoxo