Thursday, October 2, 2008

True Art

I would probably be fired from my former job if they ever heard me say this: I am OK with the fact that the centerpiece on my coffee table is The Boy's firetruck. Its true. That's just where I am right now. I was cleaning the house the other day, and picking up the majority of toys and books and trying to organize everything to make it look somewhat like adults live here too. I got to the table and there's the firetruck. Its always on the table because he likes to kneel up to it and put his hand in it to pretend to drive it, and he talks to himself about what he's doing, and its so flippin' cute you just wanna eat him. So yeah, maybe its not some great object de arte, but it makes me smile whenever I see it.

NLJ

3 comments:

gina said...

i'm there too. right now jasper's train table is serving double-duty as a coffee table in our living room...right there alongside the race-track-art and kids' books in lieu of coffee-table books. it's perfect.

Disgruntled Princess said...

It is it's own kind of art...next best thing to something created by the little guy himself!!

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Oh fine. It's the way it goes. And yes, fired for sure.