Wednesday, October 1, 2008

There's Always Next Year

I'm a little depressed. I say "little" only because last night I was really depressed. I feel the same way every year when baseball is over. Maybe a little more this year because we were SO close to going to the post season, and missed it by one run. The season goes on for 162 games, and for us this year it was 163. But then it ends. It just stops, and its over, and it feels so abrupt. Its strange. I keep trying to remember how I dealt with it last year, or the year before that. Life goes on, the sun comes up, the economy slides, and we all look forward to February when pitchers and catchers report to spring training.

NLJ

1 comment:

Disgruntled Princess said...

It's ok, one day you will be too busy with "little Henry" and all of his football, soccer, hockey and baseball to even rememeber who the twins are-were...and the good news in that? no more withdrawl at the end of the season...you won't even know it's over!