Friday, March 14, 2008

Big Wheels Keep On Rollin'

What a day! I thought this was supposed to be my day off. I had a meeting with my designer this morning and brought The Boy with because she wanted to meet him, and because I wanted to visit him around to some of the other showrooms. Well, major drama happened before we left, and you can read about that here, if you haven't already. Everything turned out fine and we was the star of the show, per usual.

While in the building I ran into a designer acquaintance of mine, and I call her that because I know I know her, but I CANNOT remember her name for my life, and she knows mine....dang. Anyway, told her what I was doing and she said she needs me. Ran into a furniture rep I know from the early days, who I always have a special place for because he's a sweet old grandpa type, and he just loves me. You know you can tell when someone loves you, yeah, he's just great. Anyway, I told him what I'm doing, he knows someone who needs me and he's going to call them. Then I got home and had an email to do an estimate for another designer friend of mine. Not to mention the big house is still a huge priority, I'm booked all weekend next week now, but I can squeeze in a little something here and there.

The moral of this story is, or really the point of the whole deal, is that things are starting to roll.

NLJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!!! So happy for you Nicki. You keep going girl!!!

gina said...

i didn't doubt for one second that this would be the case - AWESOME!!

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

That is fabulous! I just knew your were gonna kick tail!