Monday, March 10, 2008

The End Of Stomach Aches

I hope you're not like me, but do you ever have that ache in your stomach on Sunday evenings that only comes because you have to go to work on Monday? Seems like every Sunday I deal with this ache, this tinge in the pit of my stomach, but now I remember that I don't have to go into the office tomorrow. What a revelation. And it is a revelation, a shock every time I remember that I started this crazy thing, and I am in charge of it, and I eat what I kill. Then I get this huge rush of relief and I smile. So I think that means I am doing the right thing.

I should clarify that it wasn't that I didn't like my previous job, because I did. But there's something about having to drive the 20 miles into work, then having to be there all day whether I was busy or not, and having to stay there all day. That's the part that really got me. And I'm not trying to be lazy or a slacker, but for example, I don't have that much to do today, (because I worked all weekend - see, I told you I'm not lazy), so I rolled into the office at 9am. No one's mad, no one's disappointed, and I didn't miss anything. Plus, since we lost that hour in the time change yesterday, my body really thinks its 8am. See, I told you I'm not lazy.

NLJ

4 comments:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

YOU are NOT lazy-you just TOTALLY suck! I am so jealous!

Fab Over 40 said...

I agree with b-cup! You TOTALLY suck! I'm jealous too! :)

gina said...

i so used to have that ALL the time and now...no more! it's brilliant working from home, isn't it? and yes, i AM working. kind of.

mucho love-o,
g

Disgruntled Princess said...

I kind of have that ache on Fridays when I know the house will turn to chaos when the kids come home. Just kidding (kind of). Dreaming of the quiet of Monday mornings...