Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Full Circle

So I made special attention not to work this past weekend. I know it doesn't sound that hard, but it really was. OK, I admit I checked my email, and sent a fax or two, but mostly, I did nothing. And guess what? The world didn't end! I can't believe it either. I had work to do, I opted to wait until Monday morning to do it, I got it done before my meeting, and we all survived. I was able to hang out with The Boy all weekend, and to laze around Sunday afternoon with The Dad and watch a movie (my new favorite, Jason Bourne). Balance. That's the name of the game.

Ran into another friend at IMS yesterday who said she just gave my name to someone, and she's just sure that they'll call me. Seems like a lot of people are getting my name out, and it sounds like people are talking about me, but the phone has yet to ring. I did get another job from one of my friends who is a designer. This one is a great story. She used to be my intern at my old job, and when she left us, she just went head on (like she always does), and started her own biz. Now that people, is guts. I couldn't be prouder. She's busy and now really busy, and I'm going to help her out for a change. Everything comes full circle.

I'm heading over to the 20,000 square footer later this morning....I don't even know what to expect. I've never seen anything like this before. Come back for a recap.

NLJ

3 comments:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

You could get lost in that thing! Might make the house in the Grove feel like servants quarters?!?

gina said...

and now speaking of shallow...i can't WAIT to hear about the 20,000sq. footer!

Fab Over 40 said...

see you don't need a book on balance - you got it down pat!