Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I (Heart) New York

Well, that was interesting. I had a lunch meeting with that other designer that called last week. The one referred to me from "Tim." (In the mean time, I've discovered his identity, and thanked him profusely.) This designer though, is a designer, a weaver, a glass blower, a set designer, a ceramic artist, a therapist...the list goes on and on. She's done everything from helping with the set design of the CBS Morning Show, to children's high end play houses. Here's the kind of person she is, she was really excited to work with me because I'm an Aries. Now there's part of me that really thinks that's cool. I'm not a freak about it, but I'm a girl that reads her horoscope. I don't really follow it, but if it says something exciting might happen that day, I'll keep an eye out.

She's one of those people that are uber creative, and that have a million ideas floating around in there head. It was more a meeting of the minds, than her hiring me to do anything in particular. She's worked with some of the most famous designers there are, so that gives her amazing credibility along with the Parsons schooling. Right now she's into helping start up businesses, like showrooms or furniture stores. Neither of us were completely sure on what we could do for each other, but we're going to work on it. I think she'll come up with something. She really cracked me up. I haven't met anyone like her before. I told her I've been to LA, San Fran, and Chicago's design centers, but alas never to New York, but, I said, I'll get there. She said, "I'll getchya there." So, hey, I'm going to New York.

NLJ

2 comments:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Sounds good to me-got room for one more? Can't wait to hear more!

gina said...

i love her already. i love ny too...i have people there if you need some love when you go...OR we could make it a girl's trip and i'll go with you!!! hee hee. like how i invite myself into your cool life? also...i want one of those playhouses. for me. not the kids.

xoxoxooxox