Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Guilt For My Work

So being gone for the weekend was great. No pull to get to the office. We were only gone one night, but I'm feeling slightly refreshed. No too much though, could use some warm weather.

We're still working on the giant house. It seems to not end. Its getting a little boring. The clients keep changing their minds on things and telling us just now "I hate stripes." That would've been nice to know, oh I don't know, 3 months ago! Its getting redundant, but I can't care. The more they change their minds, the more hours I get to bill. I am starting to feel a little guilty about the hours on this project though. This wasn't the way I imagined it to work. I thought I'd come in after final selections were made, and then knock out the estimate. But instead I'm going to client meetings, meetings with vendors, meetings with the designer. I still haven't been paid, I send out my invoice on the first of April. There will be the true test.

NLJ

2 comments:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Now just sit back and wait to collect that fat check and it will all be worth it!

Disgruntled Princess said...

You'll have to cash that first check just to feel the green in your hands--makes it more real! I envy your drive and talent. I am still looking for my dream--good thing the journey is fun.