Monday, March 3, 2008

I Need a Bigger Bag

I'm dying and drowning in a huge pile of work. Please, please don't let the phone ring today. I'm too busy and if someone calls I have to turn them down. I know. I'm serious. I met with my designer on Saturday afternoon, and she sent me home with a huge BIN of work, and three floors of the home that need to be drafted. I brought a cute little messenger bag that I thought would be fabulous to hold the files I'd be taking home from her office. We both laughed in my face. The thing is, this is about half of the house. There's still the other half we didn't even touch on, but will be tackling that in about two weeks. I couldn't be more excited.


The meeting went great, and it was fun to be back in the mix. She was bouncing ideas off me and asking if I had any ideas for some things. It feels good to be useful again. Not to mention, I made as much money in that afternoon meeting, that I would have made in a whole days work at my former job. Now that, that my friend, is something.

NLJ

6 comments:

Disgruntled Princess said...

Yippee for you!! I had a dream about you and Henry (yeah I know weird) this morning--I was dropping him off with you, but you were SO BUSY (and I was early and in the wrong place, but that's another analysis) that a friend had to watch him for you. Sending good vibes your way...kk

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Sweet motha! Keep on kicking tail and takin names!

gina said...

oh my god i love it. i love that you are "glad to be back in the mix" after a whole, what, 2 weeks off!? too funny. thank god you're back in the mix, any longer and you'd be like poor cinderella at midnight.

i'm so glad you're busy and making some COIN - i see cute shoes and bags in your future.

xoxo gina

GramaE said...

Wow!! That's amazing! Hey, would a big tote like the one you gave me for Christmas work? That's huge. Good for you.

All in a day's work,
Grame

Anonymous said...

Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully great news Nicki! It's good for you to be busy because the "half serious going to the liquor store" remark from a few days ago really was completely serious, let's be honest here. I'm not being judgmental, I'm just being jealous. :-) Love ya.