Thursday, February 28, 2008

Guidance In Balance

Started reading a book today. OK, get off the floor....all of you that just fell off your chairs after reading that first sentence. I did start a book today, and no, I'm not on vacation at a beach sitting by the ocean. Which typically is the only time I ever read. I managed to get a few chapters in between The Boy watching Barney, and then losing interest, and then wanting my attention, and then losing interest because Caillou is on TV.

I already learned a more about Italy and the Italian language than I did all through school. Not bad for a couple chapters huh? The book was a gift from my sister-in-law, hugely recommended, but mostly just sitting in my nightstand drawers waiting for the right time or next vacation. Remembering how much she loved it, and me needing something going on in my life right now, I started reading. From what I gather its about a woman who is trying to balance life, love, and God. Wow, deep. Really deep for me. Typically I'm not interested in much unless Will Farrell had something to do with it. But, I'm in need of guidance in balance. So, I'm entering it with an open mind and hoping it will be mind opening.

NLJ

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no title?
Has to be "Eat, Pray, Love" right? Oprah, is there anything you have not provided us?

GramaE said...

I bought Oprah's recommendation Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth last weekend because she said it would change my life. Guess a person has to read it first! This is my second day off work due to sick, now's the time. I watched Ratatouille yesterday...loved it.

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

If you want some really crazy reading try out Diablo Cody's book Candy Girl-WHOAAA!!!

Anonymous said...

Eat, Pray, Love --- will change your life. Ok, maybe not. But it's definitely will impact you. I loooooved it.

gina said...

you're reading it! i'm so happy! i swear that book changed my life...or my outlook at least...that and the 2 1/2 hour massage i had today. that also changed my life.

keep reading - i love that book.

gina